Home Improvements don’t just have to be big projects done to your home such as replacing your garage door, installing solar panels, repainting your house, or adding a room addition. Sometimes just organizing your home can be one of the biggest improvements of all, especially for those living in it! Check out this video on organization hacks for your home that make organizing everything from closets to added kitchen space so much easier!
If you are looking to add value to your home to increase your profit when you decide to sell, you may want to consider making these upgrades/improvements to your home. After some research we have found that these projects help to not only add value but double it at that!
Best Home Improvements For Added Value
- Bathrooms- Whether you add a bathroom, revamp the ones you have, or simply replace the flooring with something newer and a bit more modern you are on the right track. Doing any of these improvements to your bathroom will greatly increase the value of your home. Especially adding a new bathroom, which is said to increase functionality.
- Replacing The Roof- Is your roof 20 years old or older? If so it is time to replace your roof. Even if you don’t seem to be having any issues with it or there are no holes or repairs that need to be done replacing it is key. Why? Offering homebuyers a new roof is a great perk to them when buying a house. Not only that the market value of your home greatly increases so you end up making back the money you put into the new roof and also gaining extra. Should you opt for a more energy efficient roof, that only allows for a bigger value increase in your homes overall value.
- Flooring- Getting rid ofcrapet and replacingit with tile, wood or even laminate will help to increase the value of your home greatly as well. People looking to buy a home tend to be more attracted to homes that offer this upgraded flooring because not only is it easier to clean, it gives a sleeker appearance, and there is not dust or other allergens that may be lurking in the fibers of carpet.
- Exterior Appearances- Keeping a well maintained front landscape, having a nice freshly painted front door, as well as a well kept property speaks volumes to potential home buyers. Even though the old saying goes “Never judge a book by it’s cover” in the terms of your home and its curb appeal people do judge! If your home is well maintained and you have a nicely manicured lawn and a clean maintained house exterior your home’s value increases as well. You may also notice you have a lot more people interested in looking at your home & property.
- Garage Improvements- adding a little spit and shine to your garage can do wonders for the value of your home as well. Having an up to date energy efficient garage door, maybe throwing some epoxy coating in the floor, adding cabinets and shelves can majorly help to increase the market value. People like to see organization, storage space, and well maintained areas when looking to purchase a new home.
While there are more improvements that can make or added to your home we feel that these are 5 of the most important ones that can be done to bring an increase in value to your home. With A bit of carpentry experience you may be able to even do some yourself! It is best to start with a budget and try to stick with it when starting any home improvement project. This will allow for better control over the investment you are putting back into your home as well as the ability to better maximize profits.
Hello All! Welcome to our site the Rose-and-Crown. We have created this blog to share, offer and encourage home improvements that can be done yourself, add to the value of your home, or simply add a few upgrades for you and your family to enjoy. We plan to cover everything from gardens to bathroom fixtures and windows to the best garage doors out there. Peter, my business partner, and myself, Joann, both share a love for home projects, interior design and investing in properties to flip and sell. We hope that all of your readers enjoy our articles and that should you find them interesting and fun to read that you share our site with friends, family, co-workers and anyone else you feel may enjoy our posts. Stay tuned for our first blog post to be coming soon!